- Super User
- Category: Sports
- Sunday, 18 December 2016 15:17
Cristiano Ronaldo scores a hat trick against Kashima Antlers to win Club World Cup...
Ronaldo scored three in the match, but it was his 98th-minute strike that sealed it
The unbelievable year of Cristiano Ronaldo continued on Sunday. Real Madrid beat the Kashima Antlers in Japan to win the Club World Cup final 4-2, with the superstar scoring a fine hat trick.
After converting a penalty kick to make it 2-2 in the second half against the surprisingly talented Japanese squad, Ronaldo got through in the first session of extra time to finish to give his team the lead.
He then doubled up the Japanese squad with another goal in the first extra time, sending a ball high into the net.
And that's just the cherry on top. To recap, this is what Ronaldo's year consisted of.
- Winning the Champions League with Real Madrid in May, scoring winning penalty kick.
- Winning Euro 2016 this summer with Portugal.
- Winning the UEFA Super Cup in August.
- Winning the UEFA Best Player in Europe award in August.
- Taking home the Ballon d'Or last week, his fourth.
- Winning the Club World Cup with a hat trick.